The second chance you've always wanted

"If I could only live my life over, I'd do things very differently for my children during their first few years. I made too many mistakes."

How many of us feel similarly! How many of us wish we might go back and have a second chance!

Actually, a child's adolescence brings with it this second chance. It's been said that adolescence is emotionally like a second infancy and early childhood. In this period of heightened growth, as we have already recognized, the youth recapitulates many of the feelings that he had during his first earlier period of rapid growth. Many of the yearnings and conflicts kindled then are rekindled now.

And so, as you recognize and understand and accept the feelings that he has now about current things, you are in effect accepting past attitudes that are rolled up in these current feelings.

You can in addition do something more direct.

No comments: